Monday, September 10, 2007

altered states

i think my brain waves are changing. my wisdom teeth operation led to a healthy prescription of hydrocodone. now that this buick has run over my foot, i'm back on the train. i feel like a zombie. kind of half awake. people talk to me and i find myself examining their faces. like pigsaw puzzles. i have no idea what they spoke to me. but i smile, and to them i seem this the most earnest listener friend. but i'd rather be feverishly categorizing my records. i should be memorizing lines right now for rehearsal manana, but i'm here concentrating on this. i can only concentrate on one thing at a time. ONE THING AT A TIME. but, on painkillers my attention span, while extremely concentrated, can be cut short by the A/C turning on, or the dog barking. If i am still on these things in two weeks, just put a bullet in me.

No comments: