Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New Beginnings

Had my first rehearsal with my new sketch show 'Busan Night Live' last night. It was short but it went well. I'm having a little bit of a hard time coming to the ground floor of something new. I'm used to people knowing my level of experience with comedy back in Austin. And at this rehearsal I tried to make a rewrite suggestion, and the guy told me "so you see, in a comedy sketch you have to.." It took all my strength to listen to his deal. I never handed it my resume so I guess this is what I get. Anyways, I hope the show will be a good experience. Some of the sketches are funny, some, not so funny, but we'll see. I'm also trying to put together a theatre seminar for the rest of my Korean teachers at my Hagwon. This is stressing me out more than it should I think. I've asked for advice from some peeps, but I think I should just let my instincts take over. Hopefully it goes well. Megan thinks I shouldn't worry about it, or put too much thought into it. As per usual, she's probably right. I'm broke and that sucks. I gotta borrow money from the gf, which is annoying for me. I can't wait to get paid on the 10th. Here's to hoping I can squeeze in some roundball this weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! So sad you feel that way about the rehearsal! If you want we could work on an other ending that would be more appropriate. We just need to bring suggestions. Let's talk on sunday or by mail and I am sure Jon will listen to your suggestions. Don't worry and be assured that we noticed your experience. Everybody. Actually I am really happy to be on the sketch with you cause you are really good and it's been a long time I haven't been on stage so I am glad to partner with someone who is so comfy on stage!Helps me a lot!

manateemann said...

No Emmanuelle. I don't want to change anything. This is just how I felt that day on my blog. Don't worry. Everything is cool. I am just getting used to a new scene here is all. No problems.