Tuesday, November 16, 2010

teaching without teaching; the way of no way.



Bruce Lee is a hero of mine. For his physical abilities, but mostly for his mental and philosophical power. The guy was basically as close as any human has ever come to being Yoda. When he died he was wearing an chain around his neck and on that chain it was inscribed "Use the way of no way, no limitation as my limitation." I try to live by these words, but alas, I am just a young jedi and I do not know my course in this life. So far the path has led me to Southern Korea to the ancient city of Busan to instruct other younglings the arts of English. I correct their mistakes with red pen. I instruct. I tell them "repeat after me... I like hamburgers. I don't like sushi..." But every once in a while grammatical mistakes come along so beautiful and perfect that there is no need for teaching, or corrections, but not unlike Bruce Lee, "I intercept their emotional content."

No comments: