Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I'm ashamed to be an American sometimes

So, last weekend we went to a coffee, liquor and shoes expo in Centium City. It was a blast we mostly got really drunk and never saw any of the shoes. I will tell this story in reverse as blogger likes to post my pictures in reverse order and it is a real pain in my ass to copy and paste them the right way.

We ended up at this bar in Haeundae. I got destroyed in darts. I won in craps on the street corner outside. Weird. Never thought I'd roll into a craps game in Korea. It was all foreigners. A couple of Kiwis and a Welshman really pushing the gambling. We are really drunk at this point. Megan is pictured above with a friend of a friend, Melissa, from Austin, who is really cool, and some peeps of hers. This pic was taken during the impromptu dance party in the bar.

Previous to the bar we went and drank beer on the beach in Haeundae but I have no pictures of that escapade. It was nice though. I thought I wanted to jump in the ocean. But I'm glad I didn't. I would have been miserable for the rest of the night. There was a sweet skate demo happening on the beach and the two westerners (seemingly Americans) were really not showing up like we wanted them to. But we agreed we couldn't do any better, but one of the guys we met kept bragging about his aggressive blading skills. He was funny. I think he's leaving the country though. And I already forgot his name. The above picture I saw on a shop window next door to the best mexican food place in Busan, TACO AL PUEBLO.



After the beach we dined on beautiful burritos and margaritas at this fine establishment with these fine people. This is one of the weirdest pictures of me and megan.


The waiter we had was a theatre student in college. I got his number to be in my improv troupe, maybe I'll call him. It's still in my phone. The cooks were huge pimps. They are as close to Mexican as you can get here. Had to get my pictures taken with them.



























Club Murp anyone?

2 comments:

celenajustine said...

Dude- that last picture of you with those kids is amazing. As is Club Murp.

manateemann said...

yeah. they were really sweet. the mother was nice enough to take out picture. it's funny, kids are scared of me in america, but they love me here. weird.