Wednesday, October 6, 2010

red bean paste

Just passed our one month point here in Pusan, and it's high time I posted something about the sweetness that is Galbi. I can't get too in depth because I don't know the language enough to order different styles and I think there is a variety. All I've had so far are seomgypsal and... no that's it I think, just seomgypsal... Basically galbi is bacon. But what I love about it is the way in which it is served and eaten.



They bring out a table top grill to your spot where you and usually 2 to 3 other friends will chow down. They supply you with tiny bowls of other assorted goodness to add to your galbi experience. garlic. kimchi. lettuce wraps. peppers. oil for dippin. and the incredible red bean paste. (my favorite) so you grill up your meat and throw on whatever else, season it up a little and chow down. It's the way to eat. It's communal. It's healthy. Maybe. It's a good time.


No comments: